Saturday, October 17, 2015

Cue the Cookie Monster!




I have confessed before, that although I have tried many new recipes since becoming plant based eaters, I haven't really tried that many dessert type dishes. 

I need to have a few in my files, for when we have company and also for when we think we might die if we

won't get something sweet to
eat.  We try to keep those treats few and far between, but every now and then a girl needs a cookie.  This recipe was super easy to put together and quite yummy.  I have to admit, I have a killer chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have used for years, and this recipe is not as good as that one, but I would rather use this one. I can feed my belly and my soul at the same time with this one.

VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

½ cup coconut oil
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup almond milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
½ cup toasted, chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar.  Add the almond milk and vanilla and cream. 

In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then stir in chocolate chips and nuts. 

Place by tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper. 

Bake for 7-10 minutes.  Place on a rack to cool.

Husband's thoughts: These are great!  She made some with dark chocolate and others with the white chocolate and dried cranberries.  Those are show on the picture to the right. Both kinds were tasty.  I refuse to admit how many of these I ate.   

No comments:

Post a Comment